Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
The most common urban myths about the Temple. #278135 07/10/10 02:02 AM
Nemo Offline OP
Temple Administrator
OP Offline
Temple Administrator

I have researched the Temple. Is this real? [Re: Nemo] #278136 07/10/10 02:07 AM
Nemo Offline OP
Temple Administrator
OP Offline
Temple Administrator
QUESTION:

I have researched the Temple and I keep finding mixed responses wherever I look. This isn't a hoax I don't think.
But still, Is this real?

ANSWER:

Frankly, you cannot actually research the Temple outside the Temple.

All you will find out there are either the ignorant, or those we had to remove from membership because they could not follow these simple civilized rules:

http://templeofthevampire.com/legal

Are we real? Oh yes:

What do we really stand for?

We believe the value of the individual is superior to that of any group or tribe or nation or species.

In everything we do, we believe in challenging the power of anything opposing individual freedom.

The way we do this is by empowering individuals to achieve independent control over their lives through wealth, health, personal power, and unlimited life extension.

We created a worldwide organization with proven methods for making this possible.

Human beings commonly sacrifice their minds and lives for the causes of the groups they belong to.

This has helped the race to survive and thrive but devalues the individual for the sake of the tribe.

Yet you, the individual, have value surpassing that of any group.

Only your personal existence and happiness can give meaning to life.

The next step in personal freedom is a recognition of this truth and empowers the individual above any group or external cause.

Those rare and elite few who are ready to take this next step have the potential to bring more meaning to life.

We strive to find individuals who have this treasured potential and then share our secrets to give them more control and freedom.

If you are ready for mastery over your world, then we are here to empower you.

We empower you by first encouraging you to think for yourself.

This begins by recognizing beliefs for what they are: assumptions and ways of thinking inherited from groups.

Because we champion the individual above any group, we will never ask you to simply believe anything we tell you.

Instead we encourage you to apply yourself to what we suggest and prove to yourself the value of what we offer.

This is how thousands of others have discovered that what we say is true.

Our claims are not based on faith, but on verifiable truths.

You can bypass belief and test these truths for yourself.

We want you to.

It will empower you.

By always testing everything and believing nothing, we have developed an evolving and powerful toolkit that can grant you mastery over your life.

You can learn to think more clearly and independently and develop unshakable resolve.

You can benefit from tested and proven health advice and begin now to live better, longer, happier, and wiser.

You can discover what truly motivates people to behave as they do and use that knowledge to interact with them more effectively.

You can rise above the drudgery of endlessly working to make money and instead achieve true financial freedom.

We offer these and other secrets to you because we want you to gain real control over your life.

It is essential for championing the supreme value of individuality.

The supreme denial of your value as an individual is your own personal death.

To empower you against death, we offer an approach to spirituality that leverages the hidden powers of your personal psyche.

And we want you to test and prove its premises for yourself.

You can learn how to leverage the dreamlike thinking of your subconscious mind to open subtle pathways to your immortality.

You can learn to apply powerful metaphors to reliably access abilities that are usually considered “magic”.

You can personally discover the truth behind “mystical insights” while understanding and avoiding the errors of mystical thinking.

We approach religion and spirituality this way because it brings this domain under your personal control.

We want you to uplift your life and transcend your death.

And you can do so by embracing a powerful mythological symbol of immortality as your own:

The Vampire.

If you ready to stop wasting your time with the ignorant or the failed, we are waiting for you here.

In such a case, welcome!

What do you mean by "immortality"? [Re: Nemo] #278138 07/10/10 02:12 AM
Nemo Offline OP
Temple Administrator
OP Offline
Temple Administrator
What you are doing is linking a very strongly believed and used word to your beliefs, simply and smartly to attract some people you figured may be partially weird (not saying weird is a bad thing exactly) and into vampires, who will then go on ahead and believe possibly everything you are saying.

It might seem like that to the casual observer.

What we intend to do is to offer some simple suggestions for those who are attracted to us so that they can determine the usefulness of those ideas.

We really do not want anyone to just believe what we claim. The entire intent of the Temple is actually quite different from that. We strive to enable true individual autonomy.

You say it is possible to become immortal, then go off saying you can increase your life expectancy by maybe a decade.

The Temple has identified three methods that can lead directly to immortality, two of which come directly from modern science and the third from our own traditions. There is a fourth that is being considered even as we speak.

We realize that "immortality" cannot be proven since you would first have to live forever to do so (and forever hasn't happened yet!). When we say immortality we refer to the ability to return to full physical life if you ever die.

Life extension is different from that and is probably what you are referring to by increasing "life expectancy". Cambridge gerontologist Aubrey de Grey is one researcher whose SENS project predicts that there are those alive today who can expect to see at least one thousand years of vibrant, healthy, and youthful life.

His is only one of several scientific life extension projects the Temple endorses.

I may be utterly wrong... and am very open minded to anything and everything there is to make life not so pointless, and interesting.

We live in a culture completely dominated by people who, throughout all of recorded history, have expected that death was inevitable. Death darkens the joy of life and it is only when that shadow is lifted that life can be seen and enjoyed with fresh eyes and eager anticipation of future pleasures and curiosities.

I have seen this transformation in our members who succeed in breaking free of the "deathist" perspective of our culture. We love life! Life is unending in its possibilities.

I'm an agnostic by the way.. Email back if what you say is true and give me a chance to see for myself you are even a bit of what you say you are

Good. A true agnostic is open to what is real and does not confine himself within a belief or disbelief system.

To see for yourself is what the Temple is entirely about.

Define your personal view on immortality...

Immortality is not dying dead forever but being able to return to life with a physical body here in this world as yourself.

Life extension is forestalling death, putting it off.

What exactly do you mean when you say "see at least one thousand years of vibrant, healthy, and youthful life."

Exactly that.

And that is not the final limit by any means.

You didn't quite answer the way I hoped. Do you mean expect to "live" for a thousand years?

Absolutely.

Three ways:

(1) Our Nightside traditional approach.

This is alluded to in our public literature and at one point described by one of our Adepts to Art Bell on his national radio show a few years ago.

(2) Life Extension that is ongoing (not dying).

Aubrey de Grey has been quoted with regard to his conservative thousand year lifespan estimate. In 18 minutes he discusses the details here:

(3) Being restored to life if dead.

Ray Kurzweil has been public about his intentions to restore his dead father to life once again in much the same manner.

Here is the trailer to his recent biographical movie.

Everything the Temple does is founded on producing solid results.

We are not interested in theories alone.

Experience is everything.

Will I need to change my religious beliefs? [Re: Nemo] #278190 07/10/10 05:43 PM
Nemo Offline OP
Temple Administrator
OP Offline
Temple Administrator
Will this religion try to change my current beliefs about god?

We strive to empower you by first encouraging you to think for yourself.

This begins by recognizing beliefs for what they are: assumptions and ways of thinking inherited from groups.

Because we champion the individual above any group, we will never ask you to simply believe anything we tell you.

Instead we encourage you to apply yourself to what we suggest and prove to yourself the value of what we offer.

This is how thousands of others have discovered that what we say is true.

Our claims are not based on faith, but on verifiable truths.
You can bypass belief and test these truths for yourself.

We want you to.

It will empower you.

Are there regular church services to attend? [Re: Nemo] #278191 07/10/10 05:45 PM
Nemo Offline OP
Temple Administrator
OP Offline
Temple Administrator
> Am I required to attend this Temple every so often like I do church?

Quite the contrary.

As you discover the truths that will actually empower you then you will live these truths more and more.

We don't sit in a church for a few hours once a week.

We live our truth continuously moment to moment.

How will the Temple affect my relationship? [Re: Nemo] #278193 07/10/10 05:50 PM
Nemo Offline OP
Temple Administrator
OP Offline
Temple Administrator
I am married and we got married in a catholic church so what does me joining mean for my marriage?

That really depends upon your relationship, doesn't it?

If you have married someone who is highly bigoted and closed minded then the answer is obvious.

If you have married someone who loves you and can allow you to grow into your full potential because he does truly love you then that answer is obvious also.

You probably already know the answer to this question better than anyone else could.

Can you offer any proof of all this? [Re: Nemo] #278195 07/10/10 05:56 PM
Nemo Offline OP
Temple Administrator
OP Offline
Temple Administrator
Can you offer any proof of all this?

Yes.

The Temple has been in existence for over thirty years with a worldwide membership and a dedicated priesthood.

Our members do not discuss the Temple in public but some have offered private testimonies of the positive ways in which their lives have changed because of their membership.

In-depth topics can be found on the active members' portion of this message board which has numerous forums and thousands of posts on all manner of topics.

Over twenty years of questions about the Temple have been summarized here.

We can and do prove what we say is true.

Is this some kind of scam? [Re: Nemo] #278196 07/10/10 05:58 PM
Nemo Offline OP
Temple Administrator
OP Offline
Temple Administrator
Is this some kind of scam?

Absolutely not.

A scam is some type of scheme to swindle money from others.

First, the Temple always delivers on all of its services and products in a timely manner. If you buy a book from the Temple, you get that book. If you pay for a subscription, you get what you pay for. This has been true for over twenty years. We are very proud of our service.

Second, there is no intent to fool anyone about any of the claims of this religion. To the contrary, the Temple is very clear with our disclaimer, found in all of our literature and communications:

"Within lies fact and fancy, truth and metaphor. Discriminate with care."

This is a religion that requires the applicant to think and to test what is offered. We never tell anyone to just have faith or believe in what we say.

Anyone who claims that the Temple is a scam is not being truthful.

Many of these claims were created by individuals who have mimicked our literature and essentially have something else they want to sell to you.

Do not be taken in by them.

See for yourself what is true.

I heard you were part of another organization. [Re: Nemo] #278197 07/10/10 05:59 PM
Nemo Offline OP
Temple Administrator
OP Offline
Temple Administrator
I heard you were part of another organization.

You were misinformed. The Temple of the Vampire is unique. There are a few rare other organizations that speak positively of us, and we appreciate their assistance with finding potential members. However, the Temple of the Vampire as an organization is quite independent of any other.

Additionally, all members of the Temple have promised to not discuss the Temple in public. Whatever you hear or read about the Temple elsewhere, especially on the internet, cannot be trusted. We do not tolerate crime or criminal advocacy and over the years have had to remove those who would. Consider the source in all such cases.

What you read here and on the Temple website is the only trustworthy public source of information about the Temple.

How much does Active Membership cost? [Re: Nemo] #278198 07/10/10 06:01 PM
Nemo Offline OP
Temple Administrator
OP Offline
Temple Administrator
How much does Active Membership cost?

Very little. Membership subscription costs $20 a month. Application for active membership has a one-time fee of $75. Our fees are intended to screen out the casually curious, not as an obstacle for the seriously interested.

Please understand that Active Membership is only an option, and not a requirement for fully engaging in the Vampire Religion. You can potentially follow our religion simply by purchasing an authorized copy of The Vampire Bible.

Active subscribing membership enables full access to the Lifeforce Message Board and the Cabal service for arranging in-person meetings between adult members. It remains only an option, however. It is not required.

Full information on how to subscribe to active membership can be found here.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Administration